The JA Maker Bowl is a bowling fundraiser that is a fun mix of team-building, networking and philanthropy. You’ll be joining other Austin-area businesses and supporters of JA of Central Texas in helping to empower young people to succeed in a global economy through our proven programs in financial literacy, entrepreneurship and career readiness. Funds raised by each team ($500) supports providing JA’s programming to a classroom for an entire semester.
When: Thursday, September 13th, 2018
Time: There are 2 bowling shifts, 2:00 - 4:00 pm and 4:30 - 6:30 pm.
Cost: $125.00 per team
How to Get Started
1) Gather a team of five, choose a team name and a bowling shift time (2:00-4:00 or 4:30-6:30).
2) Register the team online at www.bit.ly/RegisterJAMakerBowl2018.
3) Team members secure donations from family, friends, neighbors and colleagues.
4) Bowling teams meet at Westgate Lanes on September 13th for two fun games of bowling. Each bowler receives a pair of cool JA Maker bowl socks and the chance to win door prizes.
The online system makes collecting donations a breeze! Captains register their teams and then notify the other team members to join the team and set up their individual online fundraising pages. Team members can then share their fundraising pages through social media or send their donation links by email to their families and friends. Teams can also raise funds through a variety of other ways - click here for some fun ideas.
Need More Info?
Do you need a JA Maker Bowl flyer to post in your company's break room? Need sample content for an email to request donations? More details on how to recruit teams at your firm? All these and more downloadable resources can be found by clicking here. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Day to Register a Team is September 10th.
Bowlers: Join Your Teams!
Once a team is registered, Team Members may join their bowling teams and create their individual fundraising pages to send to family and friends. Click on the button below and select your team name. Join the team and follow the instructions.
IMPORTANT: You’ll need to enter one of the following discount codes when payment is requested or you will be asked to provide payment for the registration fee:
If you are bowling from 2:00 - 4:00 pm, enter the code i0js
If you are bowling from 4:30 – 6:30 pm, enter the code 0ukc
- Five lucky bowlers will win one of the beautiful pieces from the Kendra Scott jewelry pictured above. For every $100 funds raised by midnight on Wednesday, September 12th, each bowler will be given one chance in the drawing. Which means the more funds you raise, the greater your chance to win!
- The highest individual fundraiser will win a Kendra Scott Color Bar Party, valued at $500. A group of five will be treated to a private party where they'll enjoy bubbles and bites while each person creates one custom piece of jewelry that expresses their own unique style!
- The team that raises the most funds will win a gift certificate for a team dinner, an excursion with Capital Cruises to view the bats and a cooler stocked with drinks and snacks from local businesses, including Hi Sign Brewing, to enjoy while cruising.
Join the JA Maker Bowl Challenge
Ready to throw down? Ask another business to join the JA Maker Bowl Challenge and compete with them at the event! The teams will bowl in adjacent lanes for an ultimate bowl off and winning teams will receive a trophy and bragging rights all year long.