JA YES is a dynamic group of young professionals from various industries and backgrounds in Central Texas. Members raise awareness and act as ambassadors on behalf of Junior Achievement, offering support through fundraising, “friend-raising”, special projects & the expansion of JA programs and initiatives.
Share your business expertise and knowledge with youth while at the same time learning to be an effective change maker in our community. This serves not only as an opportunity for members to network, and give back but sets them up to be leaders on boards and in the philanthropic and civic-minded communities.
By becoming a member of the Austin chapter of Junior Achievement Young Executives Society (JA YES), you’ll help to empower the future by ensuring students in Central Texas have an opportunity to learn financial literacy, entrepreneurship and work readiness from local mentors. You’ll gain exposure to top-notch board executives and network with other JA YES members, locally and nationwide.
- Gain leadership experience with a global non-profit organization
- Be part of building a strategic mission for JA YES of Central Texas
- Provide guidance and mentoring to students by volunteering in schools
- Gain exposure to JA’s impressive board members and staff, on a local and national basis
- Engage and network with other Austin young professionals
- Complimentary registration for Board Essentials Training Course by Mission Capital
- Free admission to JA YES events with the option to bring a guest (at free or discounted rate) for entire membership year
- Host and attend annual JA of Central Texas Executive Board event
- Be between ages of ~24 and 40 (for the young to the young at heart)
- $500 annual membership dues (usually paid for by your employer)
- Make a meaningful monthly personal contribution to JA (suggested minimum $10/month)
- Participate in quarterly JA YES meetings per membership year
Annual Member Goals
Earn board points by:
- Teaching JA classroom programs
- Recruiting new classroom volunteers
- Nominating new member for JA YES
- Leading or planning a JA YES event